Monday, March 12, 2012

Rice is the most selfless starch

We didn't have a projecty weekend. We did a ton of running around with the children. I did have a small window where I could have painted the trim on the room divider/bookshelves, but I couldn't muster the energy to paint a single darn thing. I know I need to get on it. It's been a month. I am appropriately ashamed.

I'm popping in to share a tip that could help you, or at the least, you can mock me for being the last person on earth to know this.*

If you drop your phone in water (the sink, a glass, the... ew... potty, whatever), take it apart, dry it off as best you can, then stick it in a bowl of rice and cover with more rice. The rice acts as a desiccant and will sap out the moisture. It worked for me! Twenty-four hours ago I had a sad little phone that kept shutting off and restarting. Pressing "messaging" opened the camera lens. Rice to the rescue!

*Credit where credit is due: Thanks, EB!!!

1 comment:

  1. I did not know this! I'm sure it will save my life someday -- or more realistically my sister's. I wonder if this works for computers...

    ReplyDelete