Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ballroom blahs

The "blah" isn't because of the room itself but rather because of the quality of photos. Here is where I'd like to go on a rampage about how DIY blogs are full of fancy photography these days, and our camera is dinky and my time is super limited--plus I'm a WRITER not a PHOTOGRAPHER--so I can't compete, and, additionally, though I am an admirer of beautiful photography, I don't care to BE a photographer even a little so I don't WANT to compete, but that's how successful blogs roll these days. I think I'll save the rest for a day when I'm in a better mood.

Cut to: the promised ballroom pic update.

Photobucket

^Here is a dusk shot of our (eeek! wrinkled! sorry, Mom!) camel-colored slipcover, the new rug, and the Target drapery project in the background (everyone wave to the t-ball stand out the center window!).

Also pictured: BG's collection of telescopes; the lamp and chair that go with BG's grandma's desk, which has been moved from the mud room to the ballroom, butted up behind the couch; and an antique couch with a big story that I hope to tell sooner rather than later, taking up temporary residence in that back corner.

2 comments: