Friday, March 23, 2012

I've got 99 problems, but the rug ain't one

Finally, FINALLY my Navarre rug is in from Ballard. It was back-ordered twice, and I thought I was going to get a sad email saying, "Oop, sorry, we are actually out of that forever!" but it arrived a couple days ago. I am happy to report it is fabulous and fits the space as I hoped it would.

Also new to the ballroom: a camel-covered slipcover from Wayfair fitted over a plaid hand-me-down sofa from BFF-J, storage bins and toy organization on the book-shelf room divider, and hardware that is not yet installed but has an exciting future on a former-changing-table-turned-TV-stand. You guys have no reason to take my word for any of this, for I've been such a blog slacker lately. I've become a soccer mom, for one thing, and for another, I had the surprise of my life last weekend when two besties from out of state showed up on my doorstep. I wish I had video of the moment BG opened the door (b/c I was scared to). That totally would have been blog-worthy. I should have had the ladies trade DIY for weekend room and board, but that is only occurring to me now. Stupid brain.

As for the "99 problems" I alluded to in the title of this post, we have a terrible roof leak, and the biblical floods rushing through the South are stressing us right out. Roof issues didn't show up at all on the inspection report we got a year ago, but boy have they manifested. BG might be taking a Roof Repair 101 class at Home Depot (which of course they offer only in my imagination).

A ballroom update *with pics* to come this weekend, hell or high water!

2 comments:

  1. If you're having flood problems I feel bad for you son <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why specifically her son? I want in on the joke! Can't wait to see the pics. Wait, this is an old post. Maybe the pics are already up...

    ReplyDelete