Monday, April 30, 2012

High Cotton

I'm working on a blog post about Lil C's 2nd birthday, which was April 23. I'm feeling old and slow these days, so it will take me a bit longer still.

For now I'll show you another snippet of our foyer, which continues to be a work in progress.

I got this super cheesy ornamental urn from the Family Dollar and wanted to put something nature-y in it. I considered willow and bamboo, which are fine if a little over-done these days. You know--big vases with tall sticks. You've seen them everywhere.

This weekend I procured (maybe "stole" would be the word my second grader would use) some cotton, which is an agricultural and cultural touchstone for our family. I'm pleased with the outcome. The pic is crappy, naturally. I am basically camera-less unless we borrow BG's work camera, so this is courtesy of my phone. Terrible blogger etiquette. Guilty.

Photobucket

The urn sits below a beautiful Scrabble-inspired shadow box with our family names. It was a thoughtful and crafty gift from a bloggy bff (visit her here).

It all comes together in my version of our family tree.  I hope our little chickens can fight the temptation of pecking those lovely poofs of cotton off the stalks! If they can't, we can always "find" more ;)

3 comments:

  1. This totally gorgeous cotton led me to bloggy bff's blog which led me to the Home Goods style quiz, which brilliantly pegged me as an Earthy Modern, in a completely lovely and accurate take on my style. Thanks to bloggy bff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I love it! Random factoid: my mother was scared to death of cotton when she was a girl because of all the "eyes" lol.

    ReplyDelete