Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reciprocity killed the cat, or whatever

More yard work for us this evening. The front yard looks more intentional and less like a jungle, which means my vision for our landscape is taking shape. Pics to come--once I have the strength to pick up our camera. Right now it's taking all my energy not to type words all mushy lkei zhis.

While we were out, our neighbor, Mr. Retired Guy With A Shocking Arsenal Of Tools, complimented our efforts. He also said, "If you'd like to borrow my reciprocal saw, it's yours. I need to show you where I hide the key to my workshop so you kids can borrow what you need, whenever you need it." Completely adorable. He's basically my favorite person right now. Also--see example of said tool here.

A borrowed reciprocal saw is in our future. Mr. Retired Guy thinks it'll do the job better than the chainsaw BG and I had planned. He gave a bunch of handy reasons at this point. I didn't understand and now can't remember. I give a little sad face here --> :( <-- if only because I felt all bad ass when I imagined myself handling a chainsaw, and what girl doesn't enjoy that sort of turbo boost to her ego? I'm sure I'll get over it. Plus, reciprocal is a cool word, so there's that.

5 comments:

  1. Where's Leatherface when you need a chainsaw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I think you'd look bad ass wielding a power saw of any type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'd look pretty damn sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've learned that the correct term for this tool is "reciprocating saw." Whoops :D Oh well. The malapropism makes me heart Mr. Retired Guy even more somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there really any difference? You say reciprocal, I say reciprocating... let's call the whole thing off.

    ReplyDelete